How to open a Coinbase Pro account
How to open a Coinbase Pro account when you already have a Coinbase account
- Go to https://pro.coinbase.com/ and select Sign Up.
- Specify your account details, including your name and email address. You will receive an email asking you to verify your email address.
- After verifying your email address, you will be prompted to enter your phone number. Please provide a mobile number as you will be required to verify the phone number via SMS.
- Depending which region you’re in, you’ll be asked to provide your name, date of birth, address, intent, source of funds, occupation, employer.
- Have your government-issued ID available as you may be asked to upload or take a photo of it.
- Once you verify your ID you may link a bank account or click Start Trading to skip this step for now.
If you already have a Coinbase account, please use the same login email address from your Coinbase account for your Coinbase Pro account. By doing this, your Coinbase account is automatically linked and transferring funds of any currency between your Coinbase balance and your Coinbase Pro account is integrated into the experience. To create your account go to https://pro.coinbase.com/
and click Log In
. If you were already logged in to coinbase.com, you will be prompted to accept the Coinbase Pro User Terms and may be prompted to provide additional information.
Please note that a single individual may only operate one account with Coinbase Pro and Coinbase.com. If you already have a Coinbase account and would like to open a Coinbase Pro account, please use the same login email address in order to not violate this policy.